About Medicare Rebates
At last – people seeking help from a psychologist can get a good rebate from Medicare.
Here’s what has to happen:
1. See your GP and ask for a referral to a psychologist based on a GP Mental Health Care Plan (item 2710)
2. You may be eligible for up to 12 sessions of individual psychological counselling per year (Please note: A gap may be charged by your psychologist).
What makes you eligible?
Problems which significantly interfere with an individual’s cognitive, emotional or social abilities.
– Bipolar disorder
– Phobic disorder
– Generalised anxiety disorder
– Adjustment disorder
– Unexplained somatic complaints
– Sexual disorders
– Conduct disorder
– Bereavement disorder
– Post-traumatic stress disorder
– Eating disorders
– Panic disorder
– Alcohol use disorders
– Drug use disorders
– Mixed anxiety and depression
– Sleep problems
– Hyperkinetic (attention deficit) disorder
– Enuresis (non-organic)
– Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
– Mental disorder, not otherwise specified
Any questions: Phone Dr Janet Hall and Associates on 03 9419 3010